This triangle of meadow, with its fanciful name, is one of the few remaining fields on the Old County Road. Long-range plans call for native plants on the land to be identified with plaques as part of an informal arboretum, with bicycle racks and benches to be provided.
public bicycle path on east side of property affords nature study, hiking, picnicking, mountain-biking, horseback-riding, dog-walking (leashing required in state forest), cross-country skiing, scenic vista, universal access (easy terrain) on bicycle path.
This property is located opposite the West Tisbury school. Automobiles may park at the state forest trailhead located here.
for 180 years, from 1760 until 1941, the land was held in common by the Congregational Church and was referred to as the “Parsonage Lot,” serving as a woodlot and later as pasture land
Trail / Property Map
click to view